Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Mom Loves Me :)




One of the greatest blessings I think that God has given us is to be able to remember. This morning I am remembering and thinking about my mom. Thank you for all your efforts as my mother. I know that there are times that you don't like to hear about so I won't bring those up :). However, even in those moments I really think that what I learned as I watched you get frustrated at my behavior was that there is an expectation for us. In the scriptures there are countless times when our Father in Heaven had to chasten his children. I just read this week in Hebrews that God chastens those who he loves. Mom above all the moments I never ever wondered if you loved me. I KNOW YOU LOVE ME! I have felt that love from before I have memories. I am grateful for your standard and I believe it has created in us an understanding of what is expected. I thank God for that! In a world where standards seem to be so wishy washy it is good to KNOW what is and is not acceptable to God and my mother. Thank you for bringing me closer to God through your example and obedience to the commandments. 


I also think that I have learned a value for simplicity. It is in my nature to dream big and think about getting something new or something more. I think that is probably in all of us to some extent. But often I fear that I have "champagne taste on a beer drinkers budget." :)  But there has been something about your joy in where you are that has been instructive to me. I don't often hear you complain about your house. I have observed you as dad has brought home numerous fancy cars for you to drive and your reply has always been, "I just want my van" or something simple. I recognize your gratitude for what you have, but never a focus on how much better your life would be if you had something more. Now that being said I have loved watching you light up as you have come home from Deseret Industries with all your new finds. Your happiness and pleasure in simple things may be something you picked up from your parents...I don't know...I just know I am grateful for it. I love how you do what matter's most and you are not consumed in commercialism. You seem to be able to find sufficient happiness in The Things that Matter Most. 

Mom I love you so much. There is so much more that I could express. One day we, your children may write a book about the Wisdom of Mother. Your goodness is a marvel.

Happy Mother's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment