Ever since I can remember I have wanted to be a Mom....a Mom like you. Thank you for working so hard and being so intentional. As I think about the things that I have learned from watching you and being mentored by you, here are a few that come to mind:
......you found JOY in HOMEMAKING. I watched you "make" our home and nurture our family. Not only did you have 8 kids, one with special needs, a busy husband, but you kept us well fed, taught us how to do our "jobs", made bread once a week, etc etc etc. You put first things first. You put your needs aside to care for us and our home.
......HARDWORK. I feel safe in saying that I know how to work hard, and I know this is because of you (and Dad). You taught us how to work, how to share the load, and put forth our best efforts. Your expectations were high, you showed patience as you let us learn by trial and error. I still remember when I was 6 years old, standing in the bathroom and learned how to clean it so that I could take part in the job chart. I remember helping with meals and setting the table....I'm sure that at times it would have been easier to just do it yourself.
.....I learned from my Mom how to be a SWEETHEART. You always loved and supported our Dad. I never heard to speak disrespectfully about him or to him (nor him to you). I knew that you worked out your problems quietly. I knew that you loved each other. That date night was important to you. That you attended the temple together regularly. That you laughed together. When I looked at you, I knew what kind of a wife I wanted to be.
......HOW to PRAY .I learned to take my gratitude and worries to The Lord. I remember you said the longest prayers! When I hear in my mind your voice as you pray, your prayers were heartfelt, you spoke to your Heavenly Father with love and respect. You prayed for your kids. You prayed for those with needs. I remember the day that you got a phone call that Grandma Bond made a little progress after she got her pneumonia in the hospital, you came in crying and asked us to say a prayer of thanks with you. I remember that experience so vividly. You knew who to thank and wasted no time.
........Discipleship. Dedication to callings. You fullfilled your callings. You put forth every effort. I have already expressed to you my gratitude for you as a seminary teacher. I hope that you will never forget that impact that you had on me and my peers.
......I learned not to sweat the small stuff. Although you do get "acid drip" :) you also know how to not worry or get emotional about the things that don't matter or that are out of your control. You might roll or eyes or flare your nostrils, but you don't let the "small stuff" get to you.
......Appreciation for gifts from my children. I love the things that my children make for me. At times it is hard for me to wear them publicly....but I still remember you wearing that puffy cloth/bead necklace i made you for Mothers Day when i was young. You wore it many times and I beamed with pride when you did. Thank you.
.......I know that you are especially trusted because you were given Chantel. I know that Heavenly Father appreciates the love and attention that you give to your children, but especially what you give to Chantel. I am in awe as I think about what it must have been like for you as you learned of your toddlers struggles, as you must of worried, as you continued your family while trying to find answers. You have a special story to tell. Your heart is more like His because you have cared for such a darling daughter of God.
Yes Mom, I want to be more like you. I love, honor and respect you and hope that I can follow in your footsteps. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. You are a WONDERFUL mom. I hope that you are truly able to find joy in your posterity. We love you!
Chenae
No comments:
Post a Comment